AT ABI, ALL THE STAFF & FACULTY ARE FULL-TIME MISSIONARIES
The staff and faculty at Alaska Bible Institute is comprised of dedicated Christian leaders, pastors, missionaries, and theologians from a wide-range of gospel-focused theological backgrounds. These men and women have given their lives to train and equip students for life and ministry. All of our full-time staff volunteer their time. And, most rely on personal ministry partners for their financial income. This enables students to attend tuition free and places missions at the forefront of what we do.
At ABI, we’re looking for the right person to join our team. With our goal of education AND transformation, we are looking for people who are Christ-focused, Spirit-led, team-oriented, and confident, both in their gifts and with their ability to be a disciple maker. We’re looking for people who are good for ABI—and not just for right now, but for the long term. Our desire is to have the right person rather than to simply fill a role, so we have four characteristics that we look for:
With the expectation of raising financial support, it is imperative that ABI staff are confident that they are called by God to ABI. Over the years, we've learned that this confidence and faith in God is the driving force when doubt, frustration, and even financial disappointment comes. Because we are a team, we will strive to do our best to equip, encourage, and exhort you toward successful fundraising.
While calling is essential, skills and abilities are, in large part, the confirmation of that calling. ABI Staff are encouraged to primarily work in their gifting and passions. However, we also strive to grow our staff. With this in mind, we may encourage service in other areas as needed. Along with this, a desire and capacity to skillfully encourage and exhort both students and other staff is also required.
First and foremost, ABI Staff are a team united by Jesus Christ. It is this shared conviction that empowers us to work with so many from Gospel-focused, theological backgrounds. Along with this, it is our belief that the staff on campus are a family. With this commitment in mind we will purposefully pursue life-giving relationship with one-another.
Our desire, first and foremost, is to get the right people on our team. While we have specific jobs available, you may be the next person we’re looking for. If you don’t see a specific job listed that fits your unique skill set or passions, contact us anyway.
Part Time. The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information.
- Maintaining financial platforms
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Data Input
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Other Accounting Responsibilities as needed
DONOR RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Full Time. This role is responsible for managing a portfolio of donors & prospects within our database, and communication with funders, individuals, and agencies.
- Manages planning and logistics for cultivation programs and events to deepen relationships with donors
- Provides reports to donors and funding agencies in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain records of donation
- Assist Director in generating new funding for programs
MAINTENANCE / CONSTRUCTION
Full Time. This position conducts and coordinates repairs to the ABI campus, helping to both maintain the grounds as well as update them as needs arise.
- Schedules, coordinates, directs, and performs routine and comprehensive maintenance of campus and facilities.
- Remove trash off campus
- Reports and responds to emergency calls for custodial assistance
- Responds to service requests and coordinates resources
- Performs various maintenance duties such as installation and repair to fixtures and lighting around campus including dorms, apartments, and classrooms
- Troubleshoot and repair minor plumbing and electrical problems
- Maintain inventory of supplies, equipment, and tools
- Operates power equipment such as bulldozer, plow, backhoe/loader, pressure washer, hand and power tools, and campus vehicles, etc.
- Performs preventative maintenance in and around facilities
- Other Maintenance responsibilities as needed
Winter/Spring. The Childcare Coordinator oversees the basic upkeep and maintenance of the campus nursery along with the scheduling of volunteers to be in the nursery.
- Recruit and train qualified nursery volunteers to facilitate an engaging atmosphere which meets the needs (feeding, restroom, and playtime activities) of the children in the nursery
- Coordinate and schedule nursery workers during school hours and on-campus events
- Clean and maintain the campus nursery and playground
- Other nursery and child care and development responsibilities as needed